Update KB5010415 is now out as an optional update for devices running in the 21H2, 21H1, and 20H2 versions. This new Update brings a number of fixes and enhancements. A key feature of this Update is that it allows you to share cookies between Microsoft Edge Internet Explorer mode and Microsoft Edge. In addition, the same Update allows Microsoft to add support for hot-adding and non-volatile memory (NVMe) removal.
As always, some Windows users have reported that they are unable to install the Update KB5010415 on their system. There may be various reasons for the same issue, but fortunately, some solutions are also available. If you are also suffering from the same issue, then follow this article to get all the possible solutions. Let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Run Update Troubleshooter:
The Windows in-built Update troubleshooter works as the first attempt to install the Update KB5010415 on your Windows 10. This process will prevent any hassles from updating your system. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu by pressing Windows + I altogether.
- Then select the Update & Security option from the Settings home window.
- Now click on the Troubleshooter and select the Additional troubleshooters option.
- On the next screen, select the Windows Update and click on the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Finally, restart the system and install the new Update.
Fix 2: Run Update Assistant:
Another solution to install Update KB5010415 on your system without any hassle is running the Windows 10 Update Assistant feature. To do so,
- Firstly, move on to the Windows 10 Update Assistant webpage.
- Then click on the Update now button and follow the on-screen directions to complete the update process.
- Finally, restart the system and see the Update works on your system.
Fix 3: Use Microsoft Update Catalog:
Sometimes simply downloading the problematic Update from the Microsoft Update Catalog might help you to resolve the Update KB5010415 not installing issue on Windows 10. To do so,
- Firstly, move on to the Microsoft Update Catalog webpage.
- In the search box, type Update KB5010415 and press Enter.
- From there, you need to download the Update and install it on your system.
- Finally, restart the system and see the system performance.
Fix 4: Install Windows 10 Media Creation Tool:
In some cases, installing the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool may help you to install the Update KB5010415 on your system without any issues. To do so,
- Firstly, open your browser and move on to the official webpage of the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
- Then under the Create Windows 10 Installation Media, click on the Download tool now button.
- Now open the downloaded file and install it on your system.
- Finally, install the problematic Update again and see the result.
Fix 5: Reset Windows Update Component:
If any of the above solutions do not help you to install Update KB5010415 on your system, then you need to reset the Windows Update component. To do so,
- Firstly, type cmd in your search box open the Command Prompt screen as Administrator.
- Then copy then paste or type the following commands one after another and press Enter,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl
l regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
- If you executed all the commands, exit from the screen, restart the system and mark the result.
These are all about Update KB5010415 Not Installing on Windows 10 and its fixes. In addition to all the above fixes, you need to make sure any unwanted apps or services are not running in the background and have an uninterrupted internet connection. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.