Microsoft recently released a new cumulative Update KB5017328 on Windows 11 with new features and improvements, including fixes for Bluetooth headsets and USB printing. This cumulative update fixes several issues and security improvements to make your system smoother and perform better. But while trying to download and install the latest update, quite a few users complain that they are unable to complete the process and are worried about it.
If you are also struggling with the same problem and looking for the exact solution, then you are at the right place. In this article, we have listed a few solutions that will help you install Update KB5017328 on your Windows 11 quickly and easily. Then let’s have a look.
- Fix 1: Restart the System
- Fix 2: Run the Update Troubleshooter
- Fix 3: Run SFC Scan
- Fix 4: Install Windows Installation Assistant Tool
- Fix 5: Install Windows 11 Media Creation Tool
- Fix 6: Reset Windows Update Service
- Fix 7: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
- Fix 8: Reset Windows Update Component
- Fix 9: Check Disk Space
Fix 1: Restart the System
The basic trick to fix the same issue is to restart your system. By doing so, most of the minor problems in your system will be cleared and you can continue the update process successfully.
Fix 2: Run the Update Troubleshooter
The primary solution to resolve the Update KB5017328 not installing on Windows 11 issue is running the Update Troubleshooter. To do so,
- Open Start menu->select Settings->System->Troubleshooter->Other troubleshooters-> select Windows Update.
- Once done, you can try again to download and install the new update and see the result.
Fix 3: Run SFC Scan
If you couldn’t install Update KB5017328 on your Windows 11, then you need to run the System File Checker tool to repair corrupted system files. To do so,
- Open Command Prompt screen by typing “cmd” in your search box and type or paste the following command,
- Once you have done, type the following command again to repair those files,
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Finally, you can start to install the latest update again.
Fix 4: Install Windows Installation Assistant Tool
Sometimes simply installing the Windows 11 Installation Assistant will help you to download and install Update KB5017328 quickly. To do so,
- Open Windows 11 Installation Assistant tool webpage-> click on the Download Now and install it on your system.
- Once done, you can start again to install the latest update.
Fix 5: Install Windows 11 Media Creation Tool
In many cases, installing the Media Creation tool will help you to install Update KB5017328 on your Windows 11. To do so,
- Open the Windows 11 Media Creation tool webpage->click on Download Now under Create Windows 11 Installation Media section and install it on your system.
- Once done, you can start again the update installation process.
Fix 6: Reset Windows Update Service
Another solution to install Update KB5017328 on your Windows 11 is resetting Windows Update Service. To do so,
- Open Services window->find and right-click on Windows Update->select Properties.
- On the new screen, set Startup type as Automatic and Service status as Running.
- Finally, you can start again to install the update on your system.
Fix 7: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
You can manually install Update KB5017328 on your system by downloading the update from the Microsoft Update Catalog. To do so,
- Open Microsoft Update Catalog page-> type “KB5017328” in the search box-> press Enter.
- Then Download the suitable file on your system and see the result.
Fix 8: Reset Windows Update Component
At times resetting the Windows Update component will allow you to install Update KB5017328 on your system smoothly. To do so,
- Open Command Prompt screen by typing “cmd” in your search box and type or paste the following commands and press Enter,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
- Finally, you can start to install the update on your PC and see the result.
Fix 9: Check Disk Space
If your system does not have enough disk space to download the latest update, you will not be able to install the same update. Here you need to check and free up some disk space to download the update smoothly.
These are all about installing Update KB5017328 on your system smoothly. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.