Recently Microsoft released the KB5018410 update on Windows 10 20 H2, 21 H1 and 21 H2 versions. This update comes with many non-security fixes and improvements for the smooth functioning of the system, so installing it on the system is unavoidable. But few players have complained that they are not able to install the Update KB5018410 on their system, and they are worried about it.
If you are facing a similar error on your Windows 10, then you can follow this article. Here we have listed some reliable and quick solutions that will help you install Update KB5018410 without any trouble. Let’s have a look.
- Fix 1: Run Update Troubleshooter
- Fix 2: Remove DataStore Files
- Fix 3: Delete SoftwareDistribution Folder Files
- Fix 4: Install Update Assistant
- Fix 5: Install Windows 10 Media Creation
- Fix 6: Reset Windows Update Component
- Fix 7: Free up Disk Space
- Fix 8: Remove External Components
- Fix 9: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
Fix 1: Run Update Troubleshooter
The basic trick to eliminate technical issues in installing Update KB5018410 on your Windows 10 is to run the Update troubleshooter. To do so,
- Open Settings->Update & Security-> Troubleshooter-> Additional troubleshooter> Windows Update and click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Now retry to install the latest update and feel the result.
Fix 2: Remove DataStore Files
If you are not able to install the Update KB5018410 on your Windows 10 then you need to remove the DataStore files and try again. To do so,
- Open Services window-> right-click on Windows Update service-> click on Stop.
- Now launch RUN dialog box (Windows + R), type %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore ->click on OK.
- Then choose all the files-> click on Delete to remove all the contents.
- Finally, retry to install the latest update and see the result.
Fix 3: Delete SoftwareDistribution Folder Files
Sometimes you need to delete SoftwareDistribution files as well to install the Update KB5018410 on your Windows 10 quickly. To do so,
- Open Services screen-> right-click on Windows Update service->click on Stop.
- Then open File Explorer-> go to C:\ Windows folder-> choose and open SoftwareDistribution-> select all files and remove them from your system.
- Now you can retry to install the latest update.
Fix 4: Install Update Assistant
At times installing the Windows 10 Installation Assistant will help you to install Update KB5018410 on your system smoothly. To do so,
- Open Windows 10 Update Assistant page-> go to Update Assistant section->click Update now button.
- Now install the files on your system and retry to install the latest update.
Fix 5: Install Windows 10 Media Creation
In most cases, you can easily download and install the KB5018410 update on your Windows 10 by installing the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
- Open the Windows 10 Media Creation page->go to Create Windows 10 Installation Media section-> click on Download tool now.
- Now you might be able to install the latest update.
Fix 6: Reset Windows Update Component
Another solution to install Update KB5018410 on your Windows 10 smoothly is resetting the Windows Update Component. To do so,
- Open Command Prompt screen (type cmd in the search box)-> type the following commands one by one and press Enter key,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
- Now you can restart the system and try again to install the latest update.
Fix 7: Free up Disk Space
You should check and delete a few unnecessary files, folders and applications from your system to free up some storage space to download the latest updates. Once done, retry to download and install the update and see the result.
Fix 8: Remove External Components
In some cases, external components connected to your system may interfere with the installation process of the latest update. In this case, you need to remove all external devices and try again to install the update.
Fix 9: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you can download the install Update KB5018410 on your Windows 10 from Microsoft Update Catalog. To do so,
- Open Microsoft Update Catalog-> go to the search box and type KB5018410-> download the compatible file and install it on your system.
- Once done, you have installed the latest update successfully.
These are all about the solutions to install Update KB5018410 on your Windows 10 smoothly. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.