Having a stable and reliable internet connection is essential in today’s fast-paced world. However, sometimes we may encounter issues with our Verizon router/Fios router, such as the dreaded yellow light. This yellow light indicates that there is a problem that needs to be addressed. Anyway here we have done a detailed research on the Verizon router yellow light issue and found out its causes and solutions.
In this article, we will explore the various causes of the yellow light issue and provide you with effective solutions to get your Verizon router back up and running smoothly.
Table of Contents
Causes for the Verizon Router Yellow Light Issue
Poor internet connection
One possible cause of the Verizon router yellow light issue is a fluctuating internet connection. This can happen due to various reasons, such as interference from other devices or issues with your service provider. When the internet connection is unstable, it can result in a yellow light on your Verizon router.
Faulty power supply
Another cause of the yellow light issue could be an improper power supply to your router. Sometimes, power surges or fluctuations in electrical current can disrupt the functioning of the router and lead to the yellow light problem.
Hardware/ Software Issue
Sometimes, a hardware or software bug can also be responsible for the yellow light issue on your Verizon router. These bugs can occur due to various factors, such as outdated firmware or conflicts between different devices connected to the network.
Solution 1: Power Cycle Verizon Router
Power cycling your Verizon FiOS router can often resolve the yellow light issue. To do this, follow these steps:
- Unplug the power cable and ONT from your router.
- Wait for about 60 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable and ONT into the router.
- Allow the router to restart and check if the yellow light issue in the Verizon router is resolved.
Power cycling the router helps in resetting the device and clearing any temporary glitches that may have caused the yellow light problem.
Solution 2: Check the Connection
Sometimes, the Verizon FiOS Router yellow light issue can occur due to loose or damaged connections. To fix this, follow these steps:
- Check all the cables connected to your Verizon router and ensure they are securely plugged in.
- Inspect the cables for any signs of damage, such as broken/fragment wires or bent connectors.
- If you find any damage as we mentioned above, you should replace the wires with new ones.
- Reconnect all the cables properly and check if the yellow light issue persists.
Properly connected and undamaged cables are crucial for a stable and uninterrupted internet connection.
Solution 3: Relocate Router or Extender
In some cases, the location of your Verizon router or extender may be causing the yellow light issue. Follow these steps to fix it,
- Consider relocating your router or extender to a more central position in your home.
- Make sure the router/extender is away from obstructions like walls or large objects that may interfere with the signal.
- Try changing the Wi-Fi channel on your router or extender to minimize interference from other devices in the vicinity.
- After relocating, check if the yellow light problem has been resolved.
Optimizing the placement of your router or extender can significantly improve the overall performance and stability of your internet connection.
Solution 4: Limit on Devices Connected to the Router
Having an excessive number of devices connected to your Verizon router can strain its capabilities and may lead to the yellow light issue. Consider these steps to alleviate the same issue,
- Disconnect any devices that are not in use or are unnecessary.
- Limit the number of connected devices to a reasonable level, based on your router’s specifications.
- Prioritize critical devices, such as work computers or gaming consoles, for a more stable connection.
- After reducing the number of connected devices, check if the yellow light issue persists.
By limiting the number of connected devices, you can ensure that your router is not overwhelmed and can provide a better internet experience.
Solution 5: Reconnect Verizon Router
If you are using an extender with your Verizon router, re-pairing the two devices can help resolve the yellow light problem. Follow these steps to re-pair,
- To activate Pairing Mode, press and hold the front buttons of your Router/Extender for 10 seconds.
- Then be patient until you see blue lights, which indicate the devices paired successfully.
- Hereafter you will not receive the discussed issue.
Re-pairing the router and extender can establish a fresh connection and eliminate any possible disruptions causing the yellow light issue.
Solution 6: Update the Firmware
Outdated firmware can sometimes lead to compatibility issues and cause the yellow light problem on your Verizon router. To update the firmware, go through the steps listed below,
- Using your mobile app or Web browser, login to My Verizon account.
- Then click on the System Settings and check any updates are available.
- If yes, download and install it. Once done, your router will boot automatically and you will no longer see any yellow lights.
Updating the firmware ensures that your Verizon router has the latest features and bug fixes, which can help eliminate the yellow light problem.
Solution 7: Reset your Router
As a last resort, you can try resetting yourVerizon FiOS router to its factory settings. However, note that this will result in the removal of all your custom settings, saved data and configurations. To do so,
- Locate the Reset button on the back of your FiOS router.
- Press and hold the reset button for about 10-15 seconds using a small, pointed object (e.g., a paperclip).
- Then you can release the reset button and wait to complete the reset process.
- Set up your router again by following the initial installation process.
- Once the router is set up, check if the yellow light issue persists.
Resetting the FiOS router can help resolve persistent issues and provide a fresh start, but make sure to backup any important configurations before doing so.
By following these solutions, you can effectively troubleshoot and fix the yellow light issue on your Verizon router, ensuring a stable and reliable internet connection for all your needs. In addition, you can check if there is any issue with the Verizon services, it will also cause yellow light issue.