The Windows 10 built-in Windows Defender sometimes become helpless to remove Trojans from the system. Trojans advanced features are healthier than Windows Defender’s latest updates. If Defender is unable to remove Trojans, it may adversely affect the performance of your systems. As well as using this Trojans computer frauds steal user personal information and online login details.
If you are a user looking for solutions to remove the Trojan from your computer completely then, you can follow this guide till the end. In this article, we have provided some reliable fixes, to remove the Trojans from your PS using Windows Defender. Have a look,
What is a Trojan?
Trojan horse or Trojan is a type of malware that pretends to be legitimate software and take control of your system. Using trojan cyber-thieves and hackers steal user’s details, including, login detail and passwords. Thus, these cyber-criminals loot your sensitive data and gain access to your system without your knowledge.
Fix 1: Change your Antivirus:
First thing first, before moving on to the original solutions, you need to uninstall the existing antivirus installed on your system and install an advanced antivirus capable of wiping out advanced malware. You can install any trusted third-party antivirus, and many such antivirus are available online. Thus you can fix Windows Defender fails to remove Trojan Treats
Fix 2: Change Windows Defender Service startup to Automatic:
As per some suffered users, changing the Windows Defender Settings helped them to resolve the said issue. Hence, we also recommend the same. To change the Windows Defender Settings, follow these steps,
- Firstly, press Windows + R altogether to launch the RUN dialog box, then inside the RUN dialog box type, services.msc and, then press Enter.
- Now from the Services menu, select Windows Defender service and right-click on it and select Properties.
- Then in the newly opened window, ensure that the Service status is running.
- And make sure that the Startup type is Automatic.
- Finally, click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
Once done, restart your system and check you can remove the Trojans from Windows Defender or not.
Fix 3: Run a virus scan using Microsoft Safety Scanner:
Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free disposable virus scanner, which uses for on-demand scanning as well as, it is free to use. This tool removes advanced malware and works with the current antivirus application. The validity of this tool is 10 days, therefore to rerun this tool, you need to down it once again.
Fix 4: Perform a clean boot:
As per some suffered users, after performing a clean boot, their Windows Defender removed the Trojan from the system. You can also follow the same step. To perform a clean boot, follow these steps,
- Firstly, log on as an administrator, then in the desktop search bar, type, ‘msconfig’ and press Enter.
- Now inside the System Configuration window, from the vertical menu, select the Services tab.
- Then tick the check box beside Hide all Microsoft services.
- And then click on Disable all button.
- Further, go to the Startup tab, and click on Open Task Manager link. And close the Task Manager, then click on OK.
- Finally, Restart your system and check improvement.
Fix 5: Clear Temp/Cache file:
Sometimes, mounted temp or cache files may cause the said issue. So, you have to clear temporary and cache files. To Clear temp files, follow these steps,
- Firstly, launch the Internet Explorer browser.
- Then select the Tools option (you can see this option at the top right corner) and from the drop-down menu, select Internet options.
- In the Internet options prompt, go to General tabs and, select Browsing History and click on the Delete button.
- Now in the Delete Browsing History prompt, untick the option Preserve favorites website data.
- Then select temporary files, delete cookies, history, passwords and click on the Delete button.
Now to check that the cookies have been deleted, follow the below-given steps,
- Click on the Windows Start button and in the search box type, inetcpl.cpl and, then press Enter.
- Inside the Internet options window, go to the General tab and, under the Browsing history section, click on Settings.
- Now, inside the Website Data Settings window, select Temporary Internet Files tab and click on View files button to open the cookies folder.
- When you are in the Cookies folder, select all the files by pressing CTRL+A altogether, then delete the cookies.
- Once done, exit from all the windows and restart your system. Then scan your system using the last installed advanced antivirus.
Fix 6: Run a full scan in Safe Mode:
This is a system’s own protection feature and, this method helps to resolve several issues. So, here to resolve the Windows Defender issue, you can use this method. To run full scan, follow these steps,
- Firstly, in the desktop search bar, type, Settings and open Settings apps.
- Then inside the Settings, select Update and Security option.
- And from the left pane menu, select Recovery.
- Now navigate to Advanced startup option and click on Restart now button.
- Further, inside the Choose an option window, select Troubleshoot and then click on Advanced options.
- Next, select the Startup Settings and click on Restart button.
- When your system starts again, you can see a list of options.
- Here, from the list, select 4 or F4 to start the system in Safe Mode.
- Finally, run a full scan using the advanced antivirus tool.
These are the solutions for “How to Fix Windows Defender fails to remove Trojan Treats” issue. If you deactivated Windows Defender, then you should install any trusty third-party antivirus otherwise, a virus could enter your system and cause serious issues. If you have any doubts or queries after reading this article, leave a comment in the below comment box.