Recently we noticed, several Windows users are searching for reliable steps to get free Windows 11 updates on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 versions. Unfortunately, if you are also the one, then your search ends here. In this article, we will learn how to upgrade to Windows 11 without losing your files and applications.
Microsoft has not yet officially released Windows 11, but only a preview of the ISO file will be available. Before upgrading to Windows 11, you need to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements such as BIOS, Processor, hard drive, TPM and RAM. Though, let’s go through the steps to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 11. we will see,
- Your system must have a TPM 2.0 (Trusted Platform Module). The Processor needs to be Intel 8th Generation or above/ AMD Zen or above.
- You must create a full backup, create a backup of your important data to Cloud drive or keep it somewhere for future use (it helps in the restore process, in case you need to roll back to the previous state)
- Make sure you uninstalled currently installed Antivirus, third-party tools and programs.
- It would be best to disconnect all external hardware, such as Printers, Multi-Monitor, External Hard Drive etc.
Note: For a smooth, error-free upgradation process, you need to fix all the above criteria.
If you are sure that you followed all the above instructions, we can move to the steps to upgrade to Windows 11.
Option 1: Upgrade Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 11 via ISO File:
- Firstly, download Windows 11 ISO file on your system.
- Then right-click over the downloaded file (Windows 11 ISO file) and select the Mount option from the drop-down menu.
- Now from the left navigation pane, select the Mount drive.
- From the list of files, double-click over the setup.exe file to start the upgrade process.
- Now click on the Change how Windows Setup downloads updates link ( if available).
- Now click on the radio button beside the Not right now option under the Get updates, drivers and optional features.
- Then click on the Next button.
- In the newly opened window, click on Accept tab to accept the terms and conditions.
- Finally, click on the Install button to upgrade to Windows 11.
If you need a clean installation, then click over Change what to keep-> Nothing->Next->Install.
Once the process gets completed, to select the privacy settings, you need to complete the Out-of-Box (OOBE) experience.
Option 2: Upgrade Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 11 via Media Creation Tool:
- Firstly, download the Media Installation tool from the Microsoft official website.
- Then click on the Download tool now button and then save the installer on your system.
- Now to begin the Windows 11 Startup wizard, double click over the MediaCreationTooxxxx.exe file.
- Here click on the Accept button to move forward.
- Under the What do you want to do option, click on the radio button beside Upgrade this PC now.
- Then click on the Next button and select Accept tab to approve the terms and conditions.
- Inside the newly opened window, select Keep personal files and apps and click on the Install tab to proceed with the upgrade process.
- Once the upgrade process gets completed, restart the system, and you will be able to use Windows 11 on your system.
The above process is simple and easy to use. We hope you successfully upgrade to Windows 11 without any issue in the middle of the upgrade process. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.