The Windows Activity feature is an excellent option in Windows 11 to track and record all your activities on the system. This feature records your browsing history, apps and files that you have opened and closed, and so on. Activity history is usually stored in local files, and the system administrator can access that saved data at any time.
But for privacy reasons, we found that some Windows users are looking for ways to disable their Windows Activity History from Windows 11. Anyway, in this article, we will learn how to quickly turn off the Activity History feature in Windows 11 by appreciating your privacy concern. Take a look at the detailed solutions listed below.
In this tutorial, we will show you three ways to turn off Windows 11 Activity History.
Method 1: Turn Off Activity History using Settings App:
As a first method, you can turn off Activity History in Windows 11 via the Settings app by following the below-given steps,
- Firstly, Press Windows + I altogether to launch the Settings app.
- Inside the Settings window, select the Privacy & Security option from the left pane of the screen and click on Activity history from the right side.
- Then in the newly opened window, scroll down and select and Untick the check box beside Store my activity history on this device.
- Once you unticked the checkbox, exit from the window, and you are done.
Method 2: Turn Off Activity History using Local Group Policy Editor:
You can disable the Windows Activity History feature through Local Group Policy Editor as well. Follow the below-given steps to turn off the Activity History feature in Windows 11,
- Firstly, press Windows + R to launch the RUN dialog box, type gpedit.msc, and then press OK.
- Then inside the Local Group Policy Editor window, go to the following path,
Computer Configuration->Administrator Templates->System->OS Policies
- Then click on the Allow publishing of User Activities under the Settings section from the right side of the screen.
- In the newly opened window, click on the radio button beside the Disabled from the left side of the screen.
- Then click on the Apply button and OK to save all the changes.
Method 3: Turn Off Activity History using Registry Editor:
You can also turn off Activity History through the Registry Editor. Try this method as a last resort because any slight error in editing the registry editor can cause severe damage to the system.
Note: Before editing Registry Editor, you need to backup your registry settings.
- Firstly, press Windows + R to launch the RUN dialog box, type regedit, and then press OK.
- Inside the Registry Editor window, type or copy, then paste the following URL in the address bar and click on the Enter key
- Now select the System folder from the left pane menu.
- Then click on any empty space on the right side of the screen, select New, and click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Now select and right-click on the newly created DWORD value and click on Rename option from the sub-menu.
- Then rename it as PublishUserActivities.
- Once renamed, again double-click on the PublishUserActivities.
- In the new prompt, edit the Value date as 1 and click on the OK button.
- Now you have disabled the Activity History feature in Windows 11.
So these are the methods to Turn Off Windows Activity History in Windows 11. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.