Red Barrels has released Outlast Trials, the latest installment of the Outlast series, for PC players. The game is a first-person perspective horror survival game that players can join alone or with friends. The game supports four player cooperative multiplayer mode and players can experience the mysterious cold war anxiety. But a few players pointed out that they could not run the game due to crashing issues on the startup screen.
If you are having similar issues while launching the game, then you are in the right place. Here we have listed a few fixes that might make the game run without any crashing or freezing issues. Then go through the solutions without thinking and enjoy Outlast Trials smoothly. Take a look.
Fix 1: Run the Game As Admin Access
As a first trick you can try to resolve the Outlast Trails Crashing or Freezing issue by running the game with administrative access. To do so,
- Open Outlast Trails installation folder, right-click on OutlastTrails.exe file and click on the Properties option form the drop down menu.
- Then select the Compatibility tab and tick beside Run this program as an administrator under Settings and click on OK.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see the discussed issue troubling you more.
Fix 2: Update Driver
The next solution you can try is check and update your Graphics driver. If your graphics card is not updated to the latest version, some games might not run properly on the PC. So, update the driver and relaunch the game.
- Open Device Manager and choose the Display adapters section, then right-click on the Graphics card and click on the Update driver option and start the game.
Fix 3: Repair Game Files
Sometimes the issue is with the game files. If your game files get corrupted or missing during the installation you will encounter crashing or lagging issues. Here you need to check and repair game files to run the game smoothly.
- Open Steam and go to the Library section to find the game list.
- Then choose Outlast Trails, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Now from the new screen, click on Local Files and select Verify integrity of game files and see the issue resolved in your case.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
In some cases Overlays might be causing Outlast Trails Crashing or freezing issues. In this scenario you should disable Overlay and start the game.
In GeForce Experience,
- Open GeForce Experience, click on Gear icon and toggle off beside In-game Overlay option.
Open Discord, click on Gear icon and select Overlay, then toggle off beside Enable in-game overlay option and relaunch the game.
Fix 5: Lower Graphics Settings
If you are suffering from Outlast Trails low FPS issue then you should lower all the in-game graphics settings and launch the game. Go to games’s Graphics Settings page and lower all the settings listed there and relaunch the game.
Fix 6: Instal Visual C++ Redistributable and DirectX
If you are unable to play the game then you should reinstall Install Visual C++ Redistributable and DirectX on your system. You can go through the below given links and install them on your system and relaunch the game.
Visual C++ Redistributable: Click on this link
DirectX: Click on this link
Fix 7: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above fixes help you to escape from Outlast Trails Crashing or Freezing issue, then install the game and reinstall its latest version and enjoy the game.
These are the top solutions you can try to resolve Outlast Trails Crashing/Freezing or Low FPS Issue on PC. In addition, you should install the latest game patch and close unwanted background running apps from the system.